Last updated on January 29, 2012 at 12:00 am EDT by in5d Alternative News
* Click HERE to visit our Official Facebook page and be sure to "Like" us!!! (opens in a new window)
* Also visit in5D Connection where you can find your soul mate or join one of our amazing groups. EVERYONE is welcome!
The following is an excerpt from Nature's Way: Native Wisdom for Living in Balance With the Earth by Ed McGaa, Eagle Man, pg 32-33. There are so many lessons we can learn from nature in everyday life. This is one of them.
A teepee was behind us, and we saw its reflection in the water in front of us. Chief Eagle Feather pointed to the water and exclaimed, “Nephew, now there is a teaching. That teepee reflecting in the water, it is telling us something Almighty wants us to know.” The reflected teepee stood out clearly in the Missouri River backwater before us.
“If you go and dive into that water, Nephew, you will not find that teepee.” He would always start out with something that was, like that statement, basically simple and obvious. “ If you walk over there and look in the water, you will see yourself. Now what does that tell you, Nephew?” Knowing that I didn’t know the answer, he continued.
“That teepee in the water tells us first that there is a world beyond. Some say the Spirit World. Next it tells us that we have a home in the Spirit World. But if you want to jump in the water now, you
will not find it.” He stood up and motioned for me to follow to the water’s edge. When we looked down in the water, we saw both our reflections.
He pointed at my shadow, now long as the sun pursued its downward trail to the west. “Ho wana [Now] what is that?”
“My shadow,” I answered.
“Oh huh,” he grunted. “When you die, you will no longer have a shadow. Your shadow will then go into the teepee’s reflection through the teepee’s door, and you will have found your home!”
I followed him back to the teepee and we sat down in front of it. “All these things are simple, Nephew, yet they are way beyond the wah shi chu.” (He used the Lakota Sioux term for “white men,” but that term can easily be understood as “Dominant Society,” from his perspective.) His look brightened. “You will come to learn that every little thing the Creator makes, no matter how unimportant it seems, has a teaching.
Please note: The animals that come into your life are there for a reason. When you dream about certain animals, they generally mean something much more. This also pertains to everyday life, when a specific animal "happens" to cross your path. For more on this topic, please check out: Animal Symbolism, Totems and Dream Analysis from A to Z
1. Respect everyone, including our guests.
2. No continuous swearing (some words are tolerated, like hell, shit and ass, but not often) No "F" word!!!
3. NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS, CONTINUOUSLY! On one line, it's alright, but not all the time.
4. No PoStS LiKe ThIs AlL tHe tImE.
5. Don't ask to be mod
6. No racist or homophobic comments
7. No impersonations of Mods, Admin or other Chatango members
8. No porn
9. No pretending to be mod
10. No sexual harassment
11. Try to keep the chat focused on metaphysical, spiritual or esoteric topics
12. No spamming
13. Have fun Violating any of these rules may result in an immediate ban. For some people, this will be their first time here. Let's try to make a nice impression for all of our guests and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. in5d.com is not responsible for content written by contributing authors. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. in5d.com assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material.