Out of the millions of websites on the internet, in5d is ranked in the top 1/2 of 1% of all websites globally with over half a million visitors each month. THANK YOU for being part of our in5d family!
Please visit our sister sites in5d Connection, maya 2012 and HolisticCancerResearch. Click HERE for in5d t shirts, mugs and more!
Last updated on April 18, 2009 at 12:00 am EDT by in5d Alternative News
yourself and quiz your friends and see how many indigo adult characteristics you have!
* Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and
repetitious work in school.
* Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and
rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but
didn't DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of
helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair.
Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not
uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority
and caste system of employment.
* Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop
of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression
of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.
* Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie.
political, educational, medical, and legal.
* Alienation from or anger with politics - feeling your voice won't
count and/or that the outcome really doesn't mattter.
* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5
career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother
* Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the
world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their
* Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young - in or before
* Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn't mean
you're not an indigo, though.
* Have strong intuition. * Random behavior pattern or mind style -
(symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on
assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or
ghosts, out of body experiences, hearing voices.
* May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street
lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment
malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
* May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
* Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in
boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May
explore alternative types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek
this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books,
self-help groups and books.
* When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy
Please note, anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Adults
have most or all of these 25 characteristics.
1. Respect everyone, including our guests.
2. No continuous swearing (some words are tolerated, like hell, shit and ass, but not often) No "F" word!!!
3. NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS, CONTINUOUSLY! On one line, it's alright, but not all the time.
4. No PoStS LiKe ThIs AlL tHe tImE.
5. Don't ask to be mod
6. No racist or homophobic comments
7. No impersonations of Mods, Admin or other Chatango members
8. No porn
9. No pretending to be mod
10. No sexual harassment
11. Try to keep the chat focused on metaphysical, spiritual or esoteric topics
12. No spamming
13. Have fun Violating any of these rules may result in an immediate ban. For some people, this will be their first time here. Let's try to make a nice impression for all of our guests and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.