Top 10 Air-Purifying Plants To Improve the Feng Shui of Your Home or Office
Last updated on April 26, 2011 at 12:00 am EDT by in5d Alternative News
* Click HERE to visit our Official Facebook page and be sure to "Like" us!!! (opens in a new window)
* Also visit in5D Connection where you can find your soul mate or join one of our amazing groups. EVERYONE is welcome!
Use the power of plants to purify the air and raise the energy of any space
by Rodika Tchi
1. Areca Palm
Scientific Name: Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens Removes: All tested indoor air toxins. Benefits: * Very popular and easy to care for plant. * Leaves have a gracious flow that will soften the energy of any home or office space.
2. Lady Palm
Scientific Name: Rhapis Excelsa Removes: * Most indoor pollutants. Benefits: * One of the best plants to improve the indoor air quality. * Very popular and easy to care for.
3. Bamboo Palm
Scientific Name: Chamaedorea Seifrizii Removes: Benzene, Trichloroethylene, Formaldehyde. Benefits: * Adds a peaceful, tropical feeling to any environment. * Most resistant to insect infestation.
4. Rubber Plant
Scientific Name: Ficus Robusta Removes: Most pollutants, especially formaldehyde. Benefits: * Will survive in dim light and tolerate cool temperatures. * Excellent ability to remove toxins from any indoor environment.
5. Dracaena Janet Craig
Dracaena Deremensis Janet Craig Removes: Most pollutants, especially trichloroethylene. Benefits: * Attractive plant, easy to grow in very little light. * Best in Dracaenas family for removing home or office chemical toxins.
6. English Ivy
Scientific Name: Hedera Helix Removes: Most pollutants, especially formaldehyde. Benefits: * Another hardy, very popular plant, often used in public spaces. * Easy to grow, very adaptable, except for high temperatures.
7. Dwarf Date Palm
Scientific Name: Phoenix Roebelenii Removes: Most pollutants, especially xylene. Benefits: * A slow grower that can reach a height of about 5 to 6 feet. * Can tolerate low levels of light.
8. Ficus Alii
Scientific Name: Ficus Macleilandii "Alii" Removes: Most pollutants, especially formaldehyde. Benefits: * Easier to care for than the Ficus Benjamina, can loose some leaves while adjusting to a new space. * There are 3 types of Ficus Alii: the standard tree, the bush and the braids (several entwined trunks.)
9. Boston Fern
Scientific Name: Nephrolepis Exaltata "Bostoniensis" Removes: Most pollutants, especially formaldehyde. Benefits: * Beautiful and lush, a favorite for any home or office. * It does require attention in order to thrive.
10. Peace Lily
Scientific Name: Spathiphyllum sp. Removes: Alcohols and acetone, Trichloroethylene, Benzene and Formaldehyde. Benefits: * Beautiful plant with gentle white flowers, easy to care for. * Strong and peaceful energy.
1. Respect everyone, including our guests.
2. No continuous swearing (some words are tolerated, like hell, shit and ass, but not often) No "F" word!!!
3. NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS, CONTINUOUSLY! On one line, it's alright, but not all the time.
4. No PoStS LiKe ThIs AlL tHe tImE.
5. Don't ask to be mod
6. No racist or homophobic comments
7. No impersonations of Mods, Admin or other Chatango members
8. No porn
9. No pretending to be mod
10. No sexual harassment
11. Try to keep the chat focused on metaphysical, spiritual or esoteric topics
12. No spamming
13. Have fun Violating any of these rules may result in an immediate ban. For some people, this will be their first time here. Let's try to make a nice impression for all of our guests and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. in5d.com is not responsible for content written by contributing authors. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. in5d.com assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material.