Last updated onFebruary 14, 2014 at 12:00 am EDT by in5d Alternative News
* Click HERE to visit our Official Facebook page and be sure to "Like" us!!! (opens in a new window)
* Also visit in5D Connection where you can find your soul mate or join one of our amazing groups. EVERYONE is welcome!
If one were to think in terms of musical frequencies emitted by each planet in a specific sign, a person's horoscope would make a specific kind of harmony or music. Then, when brought together with others (people or even planets that continue to move through time), the music would be either enhanced or become cacophonic. In fact, the music is constantly encouraged to adapt and rearrange itself to fit the stronger pattern.
Johannes Kepler (1561-1630) spoke convincingly of the harmony that permeates the universe, extending the work of Pythagoras and the theme of "music of the spheres".
Pythagoras defined music as the perfect union of contrary things, as unity in multiplicity, oraccord in discord. Indeed, music does not only coordinate rhythm and modulation, but imposes order on the whole system. Pythagoras discovered that the pitch of a musical note changed if the length of a piece of string was stopped half way along. This created an octave that produced the same quality of sound as the note produced by the unstopped string, but it vibrated at twice the frequency.
The Pythagoreans used music to heal the body and elevate the soul.
In ancient cosmology the planetary spheres ascended from Earth to Heaven like the rungs of a ladder, with each sphere said to correspond to a different note on a grand musical scale.
Traditional astrology recognizes five significant relationships based on the twelve-fold division of the zodiac signs, their significance being derived by analogy with the ratios of the musical scale. Thus the conjunction is equal to two notes played in unison, dividing the circle into the ratio 1:2.
Not confining himself to zodiac signs alone, Kepler looked into the theory of harmonics and extended the analogy of the musical scale. He alerted astrologers to several new aspects, such as the highly creative quintile and biquintile series, as well as the sesqui-quadrate.
Three laws of planetary motion
Kepler is most famous for formulating his three laws of planetary motion, which made a fundamental break with astronomical tradition and superseded the ancient Ptolemaic concept of a spherical universe with an epicyclical motion (around the Earth at the centre).
In 1609, in Astronomia Nova ("New Astronomy"), Kepler announced in his first law that the orbits of planets were elliptical, not circular.
In his second law he stated that the speed of a planet varied at different stages of its orbit.
His third law was published in 1618 in Harmonice Mundi ("Harmony of the Worlds" - adding to Pythagoras' theme of the music of the spheres). The third law established that there was relationship between a planet's distance from the Sun and the time it takes to complete an orbit.
1. Respect everyone, including our guests.
2. No continuous swearing (some words are tolerated, like hell, shit and ass, but not often) No "F" word!!!
3. NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS, CONTINUOUSLY! On one line, it's alright, but not all the time.
4. No PoStS LiKe ThIs AlL tHe tImE.
5. Don't ask to be mod
6. No racist or homophobic comments
7. No impersonations of Mods, Admin or other Chatango members
8. No porn
9. No pretending to be mod
10. No sexual harassment
11. Try to keep the chat focused on metaphysical, spiritual or esoteric topics
12. No spamming
13. Have fun Violating any of these rules may result in an immediate ban. For some people, this will be their first time here. Let's try to make a nice impression for all of our guests and treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. in5d.com is not responsible for content written by contributing authors. The information on this site is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice of any kind. in5d.com assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material.